Thursday, May 08, 2008

Miami - All Aboard

I was reading the Miami Herald the other day, about the new laws that had been passed in the region. It is now legal to leave your gun in the car while you are at work, while they refused to make texting while driving an offence. Is it the same for ships, I wondered. Is the captain of the pirate ship within his legal rights to be texting the Mrs ("Just got to do the Estefan and Iglesias gaffs and I'm on my way home......") while on the high seas?







The chap sitting in front of me on the boat trip, who was from Brooklyn New York, won a trip to Cancun in the raffle. I was regularly tickled when the chap on the speakers said "And just coming up on your left is the .......... building", and half the boat looked in the opposite direction. I wasn't sure if this was organised beforehand because they didn't like him, or just because they didn't know their arses from their elbows.