Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Songs You Don't Need to Hear Anymore

It's 1.26 in the morning and the neighbours are having a party. It started at 11 and will go on to 4 in the morning. The music is very, very loud. As I've paced the flat I have thought about the particular genius of this DJ. He has managed to assemble every single song that you would never need to hear ever again. You know the ones, so completely over exposed that, even though you have never liked the song, or bought it, you know every single note. For example, at the moment it's the shity keyboard solo in the middle of Queen's I want to Break Free. We've had REM's Losing My Religion, the B52's Love Shack, Moby fodder, Pulp Common People - it's endless, awful, predictable, mindless, enraging, shite. I'm sure it wasn't originally (though Queen was)but some music should just expire after so many plays. If I hear the opening chords of anything by Bon Jovi I'm going out there.